❉ One of the most chilling horrors of all time is set for an auspicious collector’s Box set release.
Oscar®-winning actor George C. Scott (Patton, The Hustler) gives a standout performance as respected New York composer, John Russell, who relocates to Seattle following the tragic loss of his wife and daughter. He hopes for a fresh start, but the new home harbours a terrible secret and nothing can prepare him for the terror he’s about to face…
One of the most chilling horrors of all time is set for an auspicious collector’s Box set release from Second Sight Films and will also be on 4K/UHD Standard Edition and Blu-ray Standard Edition.
The Changeling has been described as one of the scariest films ever made and is included in Stephen King’s list of favourite movies … now more than 40 years after it premiered on the big screen, Peter Medak’s (The Krays) masterwork gets the release it deserves with Second Sight Films’ The Changeling Limited Edition 4K UHD/Blu-ray Box set.
The film is presented in a 4K scan and restoration presented in HDR and all three editions come stacked with special features including an audio commentary with the director Peter Medak and producer Joel B. Michaels, interviews and much more. They will be available on 5 June 2023 or to pre-order now.
Influencing renowned filmmakers such as Martin Scorsese – who included in his ‘11 scariest films of all time’ (The Guardian) – Alejandro Amenabar, Guillermo Del Toro and many more, the film is lauded by horror aficionados and audiences alike.
The Limited Edition is presented in a rigid slipcase with new artwork by Christopher Shy and comes with a 108-page book with brand new essays plus an archive interview with Peter Medak, it also includes the original soundtrack CD.
For the ultimate cinematic chiller, experience The Changeling with Second Sight Films’ unmissable, ultimate edition of this seminal classic.
- New 4K scan and restoration presented in HDR
- Audio commentary with director Peter Medak and producer Joel B. Michaels
- Interview with Peter Medak by filmmaker Adrián García Bogliano at Mórbido Fest 2018
- Exile on Curzon St. – Peter Medak on his early years in swinging London
- The House on Cheesman Park – The Haunting True Story of The Changeling
- Audio commentary with actors Marilyn Burns, Allen Danziger and Paul A. Partain, and art director Robert A. Burns
- The Music of The Changeling – an interview with music arranger Kenneth Wannberg
- Building the House Of Horror – an interview with art director Reuben Freed
- The Psychotronic Tourist
- Master of horror Mick Garris on The Changeling
Limited Edition Contents
- Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Christopher Shy
- 108-page book with new essays by Martyn Conterio, Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, Rich Johnson, Mikel J Koven, Meagan Navarro, Rachel Reeves, Shelagh Rowan-Legg and Heather Wixson plus archive interview with Peter Medak
- Original Soundtrack CD
- Five collectors’ art cards
❉ ‘The Changeling‘ gets Limited Edition 4K UHD /Blu-ray Box Set and Standard Edition releases will be available from Second Sight Films on 5 June 2023 or to pre-order now.
❉ News source: Aim Publicity.
❉ We Are Cult is not responsible for the content of this news release.
Leave a Reply