❉ A thrilling and innovative sci-fi horror classic, described by Time Out as a ‘pulp masterpiece’.
He baffles science! He confounds medicine! The strange story of Scott Carey (Grant Williams) – an ordinary young man who, through an extraordinary set of circumstances, becomes The Incredible Shrinking Man!
Whilst on a holiday cruise with his wife, young Scott finds himself enveloped by a luminous mist which cover him in a strange, glittery dust. Several months later, he’s accidentally sprayed with an insecticide. Soon, Scott starts shrinking at an alarming rate, and before long he’s thrust into a terrifying world of gigantic cats, spiders and other over-sized pitfalls.
Based on the novel by the massively influential sci-fi and horror writer Richard Matheson (I Am Legend, The Martian Chronicles), with a script adapted by Matheson himself, and directed by Fifties sci-fi king Jack Arnold (Creature From The Black Lagoon), this is rightly regarded as being one of the finest science-fiction films of all time, a critically-acclaimed smash hit that currently has a 90 per cent score on Rotten Tomatoes.
Genuinely thrilling, and, as Scott’s plight becomes more desperate, tense and gruelling, the film features superbly realised special effects that bely the era, and the setting Scott finds himself in – filled with oversized household objects that suddenly become threatening and dangerous – takes on a wonderfully surreal atmosphere.
This beautiful UK Blu-ray debut features a documentary on Jack Arnold, the pioneer behind Creature From The Black Lagoon and It Came From Outer Space; new sleeve artwork and a collector’s booklet; as well as, for old school enthusiasts, a Super 8 presentation of the film – the incredible shrinking reel, if you like.
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Original uncompressed PCM mono audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Auteur on the Campus: Jack Arnold at Universal – an extended documentary about the early career of director Jack Arnold at Universal-International studios
- There Is No Zero: Writing The Shrinking Man – an in-depth conversation with author Richard Christian Matheson about his father and the creation of the original Incredible Shrinking Man novel
- Super 8 cut-down version
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sara Deck
- FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Fully-illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Kim Newman
❉ ‘The Incredible Shrinking Man’ is released by Arrow Video on Special Edition Blu-ray on 13 November 2017, RRP £24.99 Blu-ray. Rating: PG. Duration: 81 mins. UK Cat No: FCD1628. UK Barcode: 5027035017976
❉ News source: Fetch Publicity
❉ We Are Cult is not responsible for the content of this news release.